Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65/365 ~ 2012

2012-065

An artist I am not.  But I disguised myself with a paper bag to be the "Mystery Reader" today in Matthew's class.
You should have seen the kids' faces!  So funny!
After several minutes I heard Matthew quietly say, "It's my Mom."How could he tell? 
He recognized the bag I was carrying & my ring. :)
Matthew's favorite poems from Shel Silverstein's "Where the Sidewalk Ends" were my choice. 
Silly voices & all.  (I did the reading after I removed the bag).
I should have removed prior to sitting down ~ I nearly missed the chair.  It just added to the humor.  :)
I asked Matthew if I embarrassed him.   He said no. 
I wish I could always remember the little smile on his face.
I find the less seriously I take myself, the more fun I have with the kids.
It was a really fun afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! I really like what you've done with your hair :)

    What a fun visit to the classroom!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! And so true - I find when I kick back, roll around with the kids for a bit and get a good laugh in we ALL feel better. I'm really glad you didn't miss the chair! ;-)

    ReplyDelete