Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 184/365 ~ 2012

2012-184

Most nights, Dan puts Kaitlin to bed and I read a chapter book (currently Harry Potter) with the boys.
I went in to give her a kiss after she was tucked in and I couldn't resist the question,
"Will you hold me & rock me, Mama?"
I have loved rocking Kaitlin since birth.
We have spent hours & hours together in this chair.

There is a book called, "I'll Love you Forever" that I gave to matthew when he was little. It was a favorite of his. We read it countless times. And the mother in the story rocked her child from birth...until even sneaking into his room as an adult and holding him in her lap "Rocking back and forth, back and forth" and singing,

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My Baby you'll be."

I'm certain that in my heart, that will be me.
I know even when my kids are grown I'll wish I could scoop them up and hold them in my lap and rock their troubles away.

1 comment:

  1. Pure sweetness!!!
    Every time I read that book I cry!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete