Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37/365 ~ 2012

(I skipped Day 36, Feb. 5th, so that I could use more photos in my book for Kaitlin's birthday).

2012-036g

Kaitlin turned 4 today.
I'm okay with that. It somewhat feels like a continuation of 3.
Five will be a different story.
After a rough start, we rallied and ended up having a great day.

2012-036e

Her wish?
Ice skating!
We picked up the boys a half hour early from school and went as a family.
Lots of falling, but we lasted an hour.

2012-036f

The Bug loved it and is already asking to go back so she can do her "Ice Skating Performance."
Her red nose tells the tale of the temperature in the ice skating rink.
Brrrr!

2012-036d

Followed by a toasty warm dinner at Red Robin.
And for those of us who dieted for the last 5 weeks, this meal was much anticipated and thoroughly enjoyed!

With a big cake in the works for her party on Saturday, I thought we could get by with the Red Robin sundae on her birthday. Her disappointment led me to DQ where she was delighted to pick out a "puppy cake."

She was thrilled, I tell you. (Tell me again, why I spent hours making fondant ruffles for her cake?) :)

2012-036a

Make a wish!
2012-036
Happy 4th Birthday, Bugaboo!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it always the way with kids and cakes. They're really just as happy with a store bought cake. Oh but when she grows up and looks back at the pictures she's gonna love the beautiful ruffel cake. I've admired that cake on pinterest for quite a while. I think I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete